As I am on my fitness/ weight loss journey cutting out junk is not the only thing I have to do in order to reach my goal… Exercise is also vital!
I must admit I hate exercising BUT I love the feeling of accomplishment afterwards and the pain I feel in my body the next day. Getting to the gym is more challenging than ever now that I’m not driving so when I do eventually drag my resentful ass to my gym the last thing I want to face is annoying ass people or things to disrupt my workout. Unfortunately annoying shit happens on every visit so heres a list of 10 things that grinds my gears!!!
1. Hogging Machines – Don’t you just hate it when you’re coming to an end of your workout and you’re waiting to use another machine but some inconsiderate twat is just sitting down NOT WORKING OUT! Many times this occurs at my gym where I’ve actually witness a man reading a newspaper STILL NOT WORKING OUT and a woman playing Candy Crush.
2. They steal machines/ equipment when they’re still being used – Now I’m all for sharing and not being a fellow hog but it’s so annoying when someone clearly sees that you have been using an equipment but feels the need to pick up it between sets. I’m having a 20 second rest sir I’m NOT finished!
3. Having full blown LOUD arguments/ conversations on the phone – I kid you not this actually happened one day. This meat head, Johnny Bravo shaped man actually had a massive argument on the phone whiles hogging a machine! I couldn’t believe what I was seeing! It was so distracting especially when I was pushing 180 kg on the Leg press trying to keep strong. Although I could not understand what he was saying ( Eastern European) this man managed to out sound the loud music that was blasting from the speakers. It got so bad that eventually me and my girl turned around and told him to Shut up! Lol
4. Sweaty Betty/ Bobs forgetting to wipe down the machines – I’m a firm believer in if you’re not sweating, you’re not working hard enough BUT the last thing I want to endure is having your bodily fluids gaining contact to my skin! Gross!
5. Staff persistently offering their personal training service – I understand that personal trainers have to hustle hard and build up a clientele but if you have approached me already about what you have to offer, please leave me be until I am ready to make contact. I don’t want to have to keep dodging and diving you! Lol
6. Equipment disappearing – So annoying especially when I have a workout planned in my head and I need specific equipment which has either been stolen or misplaced.
7. Space Invaders – you know the kind of people who have no awareness of personal space! People who get on the treadmill right next to you when there are loads of empty ones. Or when you’re trying to skip and they decide to stand right in front of you!
8. Smelly People – I understand that we all get a little sweat funky after a hard workout but what drives me mad is people who smell BEFORE a workout. This only enhances the disgusting fragrance throughout their workout which results to getting a burning sensation in my nose.
9. Unattended Fully Booked Classes – My gym is the worst to book a class. You can try book a class a week in advanced and it’s still fully booked! But what annoys me the most is when I do get a place to a spinning class and there are loads of empty bikes! The least people can do is cancel their booking so that someone else can have opportunity to attend!
10. Front desk gates & security – My gym is literally on the scale of an airport! Two front desk gates which requires a gym pass to access them both! There’s been times I’ve forgotten my pass and the passionate security guard wants me to report to front desk to show some form of identification. Like to say I wasn’t here yesterday and the day before! You know my face dude just let me in!
*Sigh* Im going to the gym later today and just thinking about all these annoying points is getting me down! Lol I think it’s time to move to a new gym!